Learning & Working During COVID
Dog Grooming in a Pandemic
See how you can earn your certification and run your dog grooming business during COVID-19!
Learn from the safety of home with QC's online dog grooming courses
How to Learn Dog Grooming During a Pandemic
QC's courses are very flexible! Train at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
How QC Sets You Up to Succeed
- Study from wherever you are most comfortable with a fully online course
- Receive virtual one-on-one support from your tutor
- Reach out to the Student Support Team 7 days a week for assistance
- Complete hands-on grooming assignments to gain real-world experience
- Get personalized, audio feedback from your tutor directly sent to you after each unit
- Learn First Aid for dogs
- Receive informative business training that will allow you to implement best practices both in person and online
"I'm 2 units [into the Dog Grooming Course] and love it! It has a great background, written learning, supplies, and more! I came from a vet assisting background and wanted to open up my own grooming salon, but I have two kids, so I needed to do distance [training]. I love this course so much! I highly recommend this course and the First Aid for Groomers Course. With my background knowledge, I could tell the topics were well-researched. By far, blew me away!"
Read other reviews like this one by checking out our Student & Graduate Features!
You Can Still Earn an Income for Your Dog Grooming Business During COVID-19
Continue to book clients and make a profit by adding any of the following services to your business
Consider launching a mobile grooming service
Introduce virtual services to your business, such as consultations and at-home grooming lessons
Insist that everyone (staff and clients) wear masks at all times
Write for a dog grooming blog/vlog or start your own
Become an authority on dog grooming on social media
Visit QC's blog for articles and tips for working and expanding business in 2021
Tips for Keeping Yourself and Clients Safe
When working with clients in person, you should follow strict practices to keep everyone safe.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Dog Groomers
- Reschedule or cancel appointments if you or your client is feeling ill or have been recently exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Ensure that you're always wearing a mask when working with clients
- Insist that clients also wear masks
- Consider reducing your overall grooming capacity to ensure a limited amount of people in your workspace
- Do not permit clients to wait for their dog on the premises. Consider meeting clients out in the parking lot to collect/deliver their dog
- Implement an online payment system so clients aren't required to linger in the salon for payment
- Socially distance whenever possible and enforce a maximum occupancy limit
- Wash your hands before and after working with a client, grooming their dog, or touching communal surfaces
- Disinfect all grooming tools before and after use
- Work in a sanitized space and use air purifiers to keep the air clean