QC Pet Studies is proud to present its Top 10 most popular blog articles of 2022! These articles about dog training, dog grooming, and dog daycare were the most read, shared, and commented on over the past year. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoyed writing them!
So, without further ado, let’s see which articles made the Top 10!
The Top 10 QC Pet Studies Blog Articles of 2022
Coming in at our 10th spot, this exciting article tackles the age-old question of how to increase profits for your dog grooming business. In particular, we discuss:
- The future of the dog grooming industry;
- What the target market of a pet grooming business is;
- Where groomers make the most amount of money;
- 15 tried-and-true ways to find dog grooming clients and land more bookings!
So, whether you’re a new groomer or an experienced one looking to shake things up, this article is definitely worth checking out.
Destined to be a professional dog groomer? QC Pet Studies can turn you into a fully trained AND certified International Dog Grooming Professional™ (IDGP™) with our self-paced, online Dog Grooming Course!
If you’re starting up your very own dog training business, this article was written with you in mind! In this Beginner’s Guide, we cover the basics of branding, such as:
- What a brand is and why it’s so important for dog trainers;
- The components of a successful brand identity;
- The target market for dog trainers;
- How to choose a brand name and logo;
- The 4 steps of branding;
- Creating an effective website and social media channels that’ll help you build your client base;
- What marketing strategies work best for dog trainers;
- And more!
Plus, this article also goes into detail on how QC Pet Studies can help make the process easier with our self-paced, online Dog Training Course!
In 8th place this year, this article covers the very best tools, resources, and advice to help grow your dog training business. Specifically, we discuss:
- 7 essential tools for starting your dog training business;
- 5 software to help you grow your business;
- 2 discounted software solutions you can get as a QC Pet Studies student/grad;
- 16 must-have supplies and tools that ALL professional dog trainers need!
Furthermore, we’ll also provide answers to the following industry questions:
- How can I promote myself as a dog trainer?
- How do you make a dog training program for clients?
- What is the most effective training method for dogs?
We guarantee that all of these tools and resources will help you get your business off the ground and keep it running smoothly. So, make sure to check this article out!
Interested in a career as a dog trainer? Become a fully trained and certified International Dog Training Professional™ (IDTP™) in as little as 3 short months with QC Pet Studies’ self-paced, online Dog Training Course!
These days, more and more people are choosing to operate their business from home. If you’re in the process of planning to start your own home-based dog grooming business, then this article is right up your alley!
In it, we discuss:
- The basics of home grooming and what’s required;
- 10 must-have dog grooming tools and supplies;
- Where to source quality products;
- How to build your at-home dog grooming station + DIY tips;
- Properly reflecting your business brand in your at-home set up;
- Necessary cleaning supplies;
- Tips for preventing Groomers Lung;
- 8 mistakes to avoid;
- And more!
Thus, if your goal in 2023 is to start a successful home-based dog grooming business, QC Pet Studies has you covered with this handy Beginner’s Guide!
For any dog groomer, finding clients can be one of the most difficult challenges. That’s why QC Pet Studies wrote this step-by-step article! In it, you’ll learn:
- The demand for dog groomers in today’s industry;
- How to market your dog grooming business;
- 10 of the most effective strategies for attracting and booking clients for your business, etc.
Honestly, though, a lot of the advice given in this article can be successfully applied to other areas of the pets industry, too. So, whether you’re a dog groomer, a dog trainer, a doggy daycare owner, etc., this article is worth a read!
Been debating on pursuing a career in professional dog grooming? This article covers the benefits and drawbacks of this particular career path! By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll have a much better idea of what you can expect… And whether or not this field is truly the right fit for you!
Curious about what other career paths exist for pet professionals? In this QC Pet Studies blog article, we explore the following careers:
- Dog Groomer
- Veterinary Technician
- Pet Boarding Facility Owner/Operator
- Dog Trainer
- Pet Food Tester
- Pet Food Manufacturer
- Dog Walker
What’s more, for each career options, we provide the following insights:
- What that profession is;
- Whether or not schooling is required (and if so, the type of schooling required);
- How long it takes to become that designated professional;
- What they do on a daily basis;
- The pros and cons of that career path;
- And the average salary range for that role!
Dream of running your very own doggy daycare? Become an International Dog Care Professional™ (IDCP™) and start your own business as in as little as 12 short weeks with QC Pet Studies’ brand-new Dog Daycare Course!
Alright, now it’s finally time to turn to QC Pet Studies’ Top 3 blog posts of 2022…
Coming in at 3rd place is this article, which provides a comprehensive overview of the benefits and drawbacks of entering into the world of professional dog training. From educational requirements to career outlooks, we cover it all!
The content includes:
- Top factors that can impact your income;
- Whether or not you need a dog training certification;
- A comprehensive breakdown of QC Pet Studies’ Dog Training Course;
- The option of pursuing a dog training apprenticeship;
- Common job duties of a dog trainer;
- What a typical day in the life of a dog trainer is like;
- Different career paths for dog trainers;
- 20 benefits of working as a dog trainer;
- And 10 realities that some may view as “disadvantages”.
Thus, if you’re intent on becoming a dog trainer, this QC Pet Studies article is a great resource to get you started… And help you gain a better understanding of what to expect!
In 2nd place, this QC Pet Studies article covers the often difficult task of pricing your dog grooming services. From local competitors to overhead costs, QC Pet Studies takes a deep dive into the various factors that must be taken into consideration when setting your service prices.
In particular, you’ll learn all about:
- What constitutes a “full” groom;
- Common factors that impact how grooming services are priced;
- Average dog grooming prices by weight and breed;
- 4 pricing structures to consider for your business;
- How to conduct market and competitor research;
- Offering additional services at premium prices;
- And more!
Basically, if you’re pricing your grooming services for the first time or want to revamp your pricing structure, this article is an absolute must-read!
And finally, our #1 most popular blog post of 2022 is…
If you’re thinking of opening your own pet grooming business, this QC Pet Studies blog post is the perfect place to start! In this year’s most popular Sniffin’ Around blog article, we cover the following topics:
- The current high demand for professional dog groomers;
- How much you can earn as a dog groomer and factors that’ll impact your salary;
- Startup costs for a dog grooming business;
- One-time fees vs. recurring business expenses;
- The 9 categories for your estimated business expenses (education/certification costs, equipment/supplies, digital expenses, business formation expenses, salon expenses, etc.);
- How to write a dog grooming business plan;
- How to find funding for your business;
- Types of business insurance;
- And more!
This article has been read THOUSANDS of times over the course of 2022 – and there’s a reason why it’s been so popular! After all, QC Pet Studies makes sure to provide you with a comprehensive outline of all the factors that must be taken into consideration when starting a pet grooming business.
So, if you’re thinking of launching your own pet grooming business, we’ve got your back! Be sure to give this blog post a read today!
2022 may have been a rollercoaster year, but QC Pet Studies is proud to say that our blog posts of 2022 have continued to be remarkably well-received by readers. From the pros and cons of being a dog trainer to how much it costs to start your own pet grooming business, we’ve strived to cover a wide array of topics for your benefit… And will continue to do so in 2023 and beyond!
And finally, we can’t possibly end this article without thanking YOU, our readers. QC Pet Studies is only here because of your support – and for that, we are truly thankful.
As always, thank you for reading!